Wilderness Christians: LET’S PLAY CHURCH 3 (Part 9)
LET’S PLAY CHURCH – Conclusion….
Meditate on the following scripture verses regarding the tongue. God definitely knows what He is talking about.
- James 1:19-20 – “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God”.
- James 3:5-10 – “Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold how great a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell… But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therefore bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and curse. My brethren, these things ought not so to be”.
- Romans 3:13-14 – “Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips; whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”.
- Matthew 15:18-19 – “But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies”.
- Psalm 34:13 – “Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile”.
- Psalm 137:6 – “If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy”.
- Psalm 140:3 – “They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders’ poison is under their lips. Selah”.
- Proverbs 12:6 – “The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them”.
- Proverbs 12:18 – “There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health”.
- Proverbs 15:4 – “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit”.
- Proverbs 15:23 – “A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it”!
- Proverbs 18:4 – “The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook”.
- Proverbs 18:21 – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof”.
- Proverbs 21:20,23 – “There is treasure is be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up. Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles”.
- Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver”.
- Proverbs 25:15 – “By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone”.
- Proverbs 26:28 – “A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin”.
- Proverbs 27:6 – “Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful”.
Finally, the example of our Lord Jesus Himself is always the most outstanding and magnificent example to study. He always spoke precisely as the Father directed Him. His words always had the true and pure love of God behind them.
Jesus’ example as the Suffering Servant of the Lord from Isaiah 53 always leaves me speechless. Meditate on it well.
Isaiah 53:1-11 – “Who hath believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: He hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; WE HAVE TURNED EVERY ONE TO HIS OWN WAY; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet HE OPENED NOT HIS MOUTH: HE IS BROUGHT AS A LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER, AND AS A SHEEP BEFORE HER SHEARERS IS DUMB, SO HE OPENED NOT HIS MOUTH. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare His generation? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was He stricken. And He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; BECAUSE HE HAD DONE NO VIOLENCE, NEITHER WAS ANY DECEIT IN HIS MOUTH. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him: He hath put Him to grief: when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by His knowledge shall My righteous servant justify many; for He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong; because He hath poured out His soul unto death: and He was numbered with the transgressors; and He bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the intercessors”.
Need I say anymore regarding the tongue. Keep meditating on Isaiah 53, the Suffering Servant.
Let the love of Christ flow from your heart and control your tongue.
Enough already of this wilderness mentality.