God Has A Plan For Your Life. (Otherwise You Wouldn’t Be Here!) – a daily devotional
“I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been spared.” Genesis 32:30
You’re here for a reason.
The Bible says Satan works “day and night” building a case against you (See Rev 12:10).. However, with God’s Word “in your mouth and…heart” (Ro 10:8 NCV) you can overcome him.
- When Satan says give up, God says stay the course (See Matthew 5:11-12).
- When Satan tells you to “look out for number one,” God says put the other guy first (See Philippians 2:3-4).
- When Satan says it’s okay to hold grudges, God says forgive as often as it takes (See Matthew 6:14-15).
- When Satan says get even, God says be a peacemaker (See Romans 12:18-19).
- When Satan tells you to take all the credit, God says glorify Jesus (See John 17:5).
- When Satan says clean up the outside and people won’t notice the inside, God says He looks at your heart (See 1Samuel 16:7).
- When Satan says you’re ugly, God says you’re “wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14).
- When Satan says you’re alone and nobody understands you, God says He’ll never leave you and that He has plans for your life (See Deuteronomy 31:6 and Jeremiah 29:11).
David said, “I know you are pleased with me…you have not let my enemies triumph over me. You have preserved my life” (Psalm 41:11-12 NLT).
The Devil will play the race card, and if that doesn’t work he’ll try the childhood memories card, or he’ll dredge up your past sins and remind you of all the broken promises and dreams.
Jacob said, “I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been spared.”
Bottom line: God has a plan for your life; otherwise you wouldn’t be here!
– from a daily devotional