Wilderness Christians: Christian Eagles (Part 6)
Eagles! Yes!!! Now we are in God’s line of business.
Do you see yourself as an eagle, His child? Notice that birds fly in flocks; but eagles fly alone. Do you walk the majority of your Christian walk in the intimacy of Christ? If yes, you are on the correct, narrow path. Few are on this path, for few see life through His eyes. This is why God is so pleased and delighted with you. He views only His precious eagle, His son or His daughter. He desires you to see His way also. Romans 6:11 – “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord”.
Why does God place such a strong emphasis on His children as eagles? Why does He view us as eagles? Again Scripture ALWAYS provides the most accurate and amplified answers. I pray the Holy Spirit truly come alive in your heart right now so you can soar in your spirit on eagle’s wings.
- Exodus 19:4 – “Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles’ wings, and brought you unto myself”.
- Deuteronomy 28:49 – “The Lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand”.
- Deuteronomy 32:10-12 – “He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; He led them about, He instructed him, He kept him as the apple of His eye. As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: so the Lord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him”.
- Job 39:26-30 – “Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south? Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. Her young eyes also suck up blood: and where the slain are, there is she”.
Two questions for you to ponder from this scripture from Job.
- Who is the rock/strong place that you dwelleth and abideth on?
- Whose blood do you suck on? —-Yes, the living blood of Christ; because the life is in His blood.
- Psalm 103:1-5 – “Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquity; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s”.
- Isaiah 40:28-31 – “Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”.
- Jeremiah 49:16-17 –“Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though that shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the Lord. Also Edom shall be a desolation: every one that goeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss at all the plagues thereof”.
- Jeremiah 49:22 – “Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs”.
- Ezekiel 17:1-7 – “And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, a great eagle with great wings, long-winged, full of feathers, which had divine colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar: He cropped off the top of his young twigs, and carried it into a land of traffic; he set it in a city of merchants. He took also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitful field; he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree. And it grew, and became a spreading vine of low stature, whose branches turned toward him, and the roots thereof were under him, so it became a vine, and brought forth branches, and shot forth sprigs. There was also another great eagle with great wings and many feathers: and, behold, this vine did bend her roots toward him, and shot forth her branches toward him, that he might water it by the furrows of her plantation. It was planted in a good soil by great waters, that it might bring forth branches, and that it might bear fruit, that it might be a goodly vine”.
After reading these Scriptures, one can see why God has placed eagles in a special, unique position in His eyes – unique as a visible expression of her creator of love. It is well-worth being an eagle.
God has truly created eagles to magnificently reveal and visibly display His glory and His majesty. He strongly desires us to view ourselves the same way. We are mounted up exultingly, high above the heavens. We are deeply rooted in the life of Christ, secured by His blood. We dwell and abide deeply in His heart, the true vine of the life and love of God.
Brethren, please absorb yourself as an eagle. Your vulture days must be left on Calvary. God has magnificently exalted you on His wings. You now soar and glide in the gentle breeze and swift wind of His love. Yes, He truly is magnificent. He is worthy to be praised. Absorb the Holy Spirit revelations of the following eagle characteristics and rejoice in the glory of God.
Where are you at right now with your walk with Christ? Are you a Christian vulture, living in the wilderness, waiting to swoop down with the brother and sister vultures to gobble up (and enjoy) the sins of the flesh? A Christian vulture is blindly and ignorantly under the influence of Satan. Christian vultures strongly execute the sins of coveting, slander, and gossip; sins committed most often against the body of Christ, their own brethren.
ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN VULTURE OR A CHRISTIAN EAGLE?
I pray this study on Vultures and Eagles has been a heavenly blessing for you. When I began writing it, I only sensed the Holy Spirit directing me to write only one or two points. However, the more I ministered unto the Lord and wrote, the more the Holy Spirit directed me to write. Believe me that I had no idea that this much information and this type of information would be written in this chapter. It has only blessed me continually and abundantly. It definitely is inspired by the hand of God. My hand became His hand. My words became His words. I pray it also bless you so exceedingly and abundantly. Thank you for permitting me to share the heart of God.