CHRIST IN YOU
CHRIST IN YOU – my 3 most favorite words
By crucifying and destroying our flesh, Christ desires to fill that void, that God-shaped vacuum, in our hearts.
How does He fill it? He fills it with Himself, His very own life.
God created us ONLY to be dependent on HIM for every need of our hearts. He does not want us to be dependent on other people or things.
This is it then – the second ½ of the gospel: the resurrected Christ living in you, RIGHT NOW. Isn’t this great news? We were spiritually dead and Christ gives us life, Himself.
We have eternal life NOW. As Scripture says:
- John 17:3 “And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ Whom Thou hast sent.”
- I John 5:11-12 “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
Eternal life is not only when you die and go to heaven. Eternal life is NOW. Eternal life is Christ Himself living in us.
God has made you His child. When God sees you, He sees Jesus. He is very pleased with you. Don’t miss this point. The Lord is delighted with you. Why? Because you asked Jesus to come live in your heart, thus making you a child of God. God couldn’t be more pleased – all because of His unconditional love and acceptance of you.
God gives you a brand new identity as a child of God. This identity is based of what God the Father did through Jesus Christ, no by what you do or how you feel.
Too often Christians miss this point big time. We constantly pray to God for help but often none comes. It’s as if Jesus says, “I can’t help you if you keep living like a dead corpse. A corpse doesn’t need help. A corpse needs life – MY LIFE. You keep living a life that only I can live. Please just let me live it through you. Rest in my love (Matthew 11:28-30) and leave the results to Me.”
CHRIST LIVING IN YOU IS YOUR DAILY VICTORY!
JESUS, AND ONLY JESUS, IS YOUR NEW LIFE.
Read this again and again. There are no substitutes. Christ lives in you so He can live through you.
So rest in His love, being fully aware of Him in you, and enjoy life being His child. Your problems are His problems. Let Him worry about them. In His eyes, there are no problems. You may have problems if you see them through your eyes, but when Christ sees them, He sees none. He only sees His child – you – and He reflects on how much love He has for you. (That’s why it’s such a joy, with unlimited satisfaction, to be a Christian in Christ.)
Jesus merely just does not know the answer. HE IS THE ANSWER. He always points people to Himself.
Consider these seven great “I AM” claims, with promises attached, that Jesus made about Himself from the gospel of John. Notice that Jesus speaks frequently about LIFE. Why? Because He knows we are dead and a dead person needs life.
- John 11:24-26 “I AM the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in ME, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosover liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.”
- John 14:6 “I AM the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by ME.”
- John 10:11 “I AM the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.”
- John 9:4-5 “I must work the works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I AM the light of the world.”
- John 6:35, 53-56 “I AM the bread of life: he that cometh to ME shall never hunger, and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. Verily, verily. I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is meet indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He that eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him.”
- John 15:1-5 “I AM the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now we are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I AM the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
He is your VICTORY. He is your STRENGTH. He is your ALL IN ALL.
He always knows the specific answers to all your problems, and when He will work them out. He will direct your heart for the necessary action, as needed, to work the answer – but in His timing.
So slow down and enjoy life being a child of God. You will never have a more fulfilling life than by having Christ in you. John 10:10 “I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”