GRAFTING Into A New Life (Part 7 of blog series Growth In The Vine)
When the vine becomes infected, the gardener cuts the entire vine because the life of the vine is ruined. The disease has infected the entire root (source). So it is with us also. Our entire life, to the core root, has been stained and infected with the disease of sin. Therefore, our life without God is wasted and withering away. Exactly as Jesus instructed, “Without Him, we are nothing.”
The only viable solution is for the gardener to cut the “dead” vine and “GRAFT” it into a vine that has life. The gardener cuts the dead vine off and slits a hole in the live vine. He then slides the end of the dead vine into the slit of the live vine. Then he wraps and tapes the two vines securely so no separation can occur. The two vines begin to look like one.
WOW! John 15:4 “Abide in me, and I abide in you.” Again this is such a magnificent lesson of our gardener (God the Father) setting up His plan of salvation through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ.
God takes a spiritually dead sinner, “grafts” her into the life of Jesus (the live Vine), and making her born again. New life is now given to the dead vine – the life of God Himself. Then the Father ensures the oneness bond between the Son and the born again vine by wrapping the two together into one. WOW!
The wrapping represents the seal of the Holy Spirit. And once God sets His seal on your life, it will never be broken. The Holy Spirit represents God’s authority in our lives. We are now His children. We can now cry out “Daddy! Father!”
We, therefore, are new creatures in Christ. We are in Christ; Christ is in us. His life is now the TOTAL and ONLY source of our life. We are now with Christ forever. Now we are to live with Him – His life, with no diseased nature. Amen! What A Magnificent God!
The following Scripture verses amplify our new life in Christ.
- Romans 8:14-16 “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit Itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.”
- II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.”
- Colossians 3:1-4 “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.”
- Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”
- Romans 6:11 “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- John 12:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”